Crossing Community Church has a focus on preaching God’s Word in it’s entirety. We want to represent God’s Word as truthfully and completely as we can. In our Sunday morning services as well as our smaller groups our goal is for spiritual growth through content rich biblical teaching and discussion.
Our mission is to equip believers to be fruitful.
Our desire is to equip believers through the teaching of God’s Word to live purposeful, fruitful lives so they may grow in using their unique giftedness to come alongside their church and others in the lifelong journey of faith.
Our mission has been developed from the whole counsel of God’s Word and with emphasis on Ephesians 4:11-16
“11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, 14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. 15 Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.”
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God and the authority for Christian faith and life.
2. We believe in one God, the creator of all things who is eternally existent in three persons: The Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins according to the scriptures. Further, He rose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven
where he is seated at the right hand of the Father.
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells, guides, instructs, prunes, and empowers the believer for Godly living and to carry out the Great Commission.
5. We believe that the blood shed of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only grounds for forgiveness, justification, and salvation for all who believe. Those who truly believe in such are born again, are indwelled by the Holy Spirit, and thus are saved and promised eternal life.
6. We believe in the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7. We believe that believer baptism, although not a matter of salvation, was consistently demonstrated by Jesus and his Apostles and that believers today should be encouraged to prayerfully consider this act of honor and obedience to Jesus.